Tuesday 19 March 2013


Recycling Old Sarees
Photo
While we were moving, the ‘throwing out old junk' part was very hard for me! Even though most of the clothes we had to get rid of were old or torn, if the material looked nice and was remotely useable, I kept it!! I found a bag with rolls of my mom’s old saree borders and by the looks of it….they were very old and so pretty! I immediately thought of things I could make with them so I packed them up and brought them with me. These are a few of the ones I found:


So I decided to make a short skirt with the bottom border. I didn't want to place the border one after the other so I slightly played with the arrangement of it. It’s comfortable, easy to walk around in and without a doubt one of the most unique pieces in my closet. Here is the final outcome:



No comments:

Post a Comment